Well, 2012 has almost passed us by and it’s time for Common Sense Conspiracy to wind down the year with our annual list of the conspiracy sites we felt like were the biggest cesspools of bullshit for 2012. The results are based on a variety of factors, including the general temperature of our readers. Anyway, take a moment and see what you think and let us know if you feel like we got it out of line. As always, thanks for reading and we look forward to the new year.
5. Lunatic Outpost — Absent from last year’s list was this user-driven mainstay. The title says it all and you can usually find plenty of lunacy in this site’s pages. Similar to others on the list, this site relies on mainly user-driven content, which means plenty of good insights peppered with total insanity. One thing we do like about this one is it doesn’t take itself too serious. Even the byline at the top says that the site is about UFO’s, conspiracies, and fun. So they get some points for realizing their place in the world, but this is definitely a place where plenty of bullshit can be had.
4. Above Top Secret — ATS moves down one from last year to fourth, but not because the bullshit factor has lessened. They only move down the list because of some power players trending below. This is another site like Lunatic Outpost that thrives on user-driven content, and with that comes the crazies. An open forum is great, and they don’t do a lot of censoring as far as we can tell, but the front page of ATS can run the gamut of insanity on any given day. If you have something to say to the world, no matter whether it makes sense or not, this is a good place to start.
3. Prison Planet/InfoWars — We decided to combine these two that took the top spots last year. This is Alex Jones’ brainchild. See last year’s report if you are wondering why this is on the s**t list. Nothing much has changed.
2. Pak Alert Press — This one didn’t make the list last year, but they came on strong in 2012. This site shoots at everything that moves as for subject matter, and the stories read more like National Enquirer articles than any real information. If you’re looking for facts of any sort or citations, you can forget it. Pak Alert gets massive traffic, but they do it by propagating bullshit at a dizzying rate. On the bright side, Common Sense Conspiracy can always count of Pak to give us a good story to attempt to corroborate. Emphasis on “attempt.”
1. Godlike Productions — Drumroll please! GLP was absent from the inaugural list, but in 2012, they went in the gutter quickly. Another user-driven forum, GLP both censors and uses questionable tactics to try to bully people into subscribing. The list of people that have been banned from GLP is miles long, and they are all offered a reprieve if they just sign up and pay the fee. So, GLP tries to force people to pay to view it with bans that have probably achieved little but running off hundreds of would-be happy users. Fortunately, many of them are now at Common Sense Conspiracy, but without a doubt, GLP tops the bullshit meter for 2012. How will they fare in 2013? Only time can tell.
Well all done for 2012. Can’t wait to see who tops the bullshit list in 2013. In the meantime, remember that Common Sense Conspiracy is your official bullshit filter, and we will be continuing to bring you fact-based conspiracy news in 2013 as always. Happy New Year!